Wednesday, August 4, 2004

Booga...

STEW is doing well. I'm hashing out some changes to the combat logic now. (Yeah, I decided to incorporate some of the new verb logic.) The big thing missing in STEW at this point is multiple levels and stairways. It's just one teeny little thing I've not gotten around to doing. It'll be the last step before saving/restoring can really be worked on. (There are some internal features that are inter-related between these two tasks.)

Internally, there's an issue in that the internal structure needs to be such that multiple levels can be loaded and run simultainiously. This will allow good multicharacter support, as well as provide the basis for multiuser support. (Multicharacter support is simple 'party'-based play, where the player controls a group of characters that have different advantages and disadvantages. Support for this allows for much more interesting class logic.) I have a clear idea of what I want, I just need to impliment it.

No comments: